Just in case your head has been in the sand the last couple of weeks, the top 3 weight loss companies: Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig have flooded our TVs with weight loss campaigns featuring beautiful celebs that'll hopefully, motivate you to sign up!
First up, we have Weight Watchers' (WW) most successful celebrity, Jennifer Hudson. Man, WW KEEPS, Jennifer BUSY! That's a good thing...she's too busy to gain her weight back.
According to Weight Watchers this is how their program works:
With Weight Watchers, every food has a PointsPlus value, which takes into account a food's protein, carbs, fat, and fiber. Using advancements in nutritional science, we’ve developed a formula that helps us wrap it all up into one easy-to-use, number. You'll get a daily personalized PointsPlus Target, so you know how much to eat to lose weight safely―while feeling satisfied.
Plus, there’s even more flexibility built in with PointsPlus 2012. You can customize how you use your PointsPlus values so they work best for you. And if you'd like, you can take a break from counting PointsPlus values with the Simply Filling technique.
Check out Jennifer's newest commercial:
Next up...Nutrisystem featuring Janet Jackson. Like Jennifer, Janet has dealt with her weight her whole life. Surprisingly, Janet Jackson is Nutrisystem's spokesperson. I have never seen Janet push a product (in the U.S.A.) so I'm sure Nutrisystem is tickled pink.
How Nutrisystem works:
The Nutri System program provides an on-line analysis to calculate your calorie requirements. From this, your meal plans can be calculated and they will begin to ship all your meals to your door. This kind of weight loss program has distinct advantages:
- Sustainable weight loss of around 2 pounds per week.
- Based on the Glycemic Index
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert) are provided and delivered to you (free shipping on 4 week food orders). Note that you may want to add some fresh fruit and vegetables to your meals.
- On-line support available with membership in the program (including chat and one-to-one counseling sessions).
- Yes - a weight loss counselor will actually phone you once you've subscribed.
- Portion controlled - low fat, controlled carbohydrate, and protein. For most women calorie amounts will be 1200 per day (although this may vary up to 1500 per day for very active women, and men).
- Free membership to all aspects of the program (you only pay for the food).
- Programs for Men, Women, Vegetarians, and Diabetics.
- Free exercise program and meal planner.
Watch Janet promote Nutrisystem:
And finally, Jenny Craig featuring Mariah Carey. She doesn't directly come out and say she's been on the Jenny Craig diet (in the commercial)...but it's alluded to. She's singing and dancing and looks fantastic (esp after recently delivering twins)
How Jenny Craig works:
NOTE: Jenny Craig diet COSTS $$$.
Check out Mariah:
And there you have it folks! Remember, most of us AREN'T celebrities. We actually have to do the work on our own. We don't have people paying for our programs, calling to support us, paying us to be on TV-however, if the commitment is there-there will be weight loss.
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!!!!